Monday, December 15, 2014

Honeysuckle vs Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags

Side by side of Honeysuckle and Lansinoh milk storage bags
Click to ZOOM in for better detail.
I use Honeysuckle Breastmilk Storage Bags when I pump each day. They come sterilized and are mostly non-leaky. I say that because I only experienced a few leaking bags that came from one set of bags (a set is 25 bags), but never again. And I've gone through over 500 bags. They're BPA-free and tamper-evident, as well as recyclable and biodegradable. The milk is sealed with two zip seals (like a Ziploc freezer bag).

What I really like is how the Honeysuckle bags' sides have a nice 1/4"-thick seam and the bottom is nice and sturdy. They claim that their gusseted bottom allows the bag to stand up while you fill it, but I haven't found that particularly true. I haven't seen that in the Lansinoh milk storage bags. I only used those a few times because I got a sample of them with a package of Lansinoh nursing pads.

Lansinoh claims that theirs is the largest bag out there but the Honeysuckle bags also hold 6 oz so that's clearly untrue. Lansinoh bags boast a convenient pouring spout, lay-flat capabilities, double secure zip, write-on tab and BPA/BPS-free - all of which are also present in the Honeysuckle bags. I must add that the "time" space on the Lansinoh is a good idea for people who pump twice a day. Most mothers probably don't care at what hour they pumped, but for some people it's helpful.

Additionally, the part on top where you can fill in information like the person's name, quantity of milk pumped, and date pumped, is straight up, but on the Lansinoh bags they are upside down. I don't know why that is so. While you take a look at the top part (everything above the zip seal), notice how the sides are opened on the Lansinoh bags, but sealed for the Honeysuckle bags (the sides only opened once the dotted line is torn).

As of now on Amazon, the price per 50 pieces for Honesuckle is $9.90 and Lansinoh $10.83.

So in my opinion, it pays both economically and practically speaking to purchase the Honeysuckle bags. They have better features, are nice and strong and they are actually a bit cheaper than the Lansionh bags.

No comments :

Post a Comment